Back to United Kingdom forum

Health Care

Posted in United Kingdom forum

I am thinking of moving to the UK for a year. I want to know what is the best approach to getting Health Care. I am 80 years old and currently have Medicare and Tricare for Life in the United States. Do they cover any healthcare in the UK?

Go to Deleted user's profile

  • Go to Laura Gagliardi's profile

    posted by  in United Kingdom forum 

    In the UK you can get free health care provided by the National Health Service. You will have to register with a doctor at one of the GP (General Practitioners) and you will be sent a NHS card which will cover you for most things. If you want to go to a private clinic, that won't be covered and you will have to pay for it.

  • Go to tomwalter Admin's profile

    posted by  in United Kingdom forum 

    Find a physio let you choose physiotherspists those can visit you at home and office during time convenient to you in London and edinburgh. Book an appointement online.

  • posted by  in United Kingdom forum 

    I am not sure about your current healthcare, but you can get Nhs health care, which is free. You can also go private with UK health insurers like Bupa.

Post a reply